"Wisdom is like a baobab tree. No one individual can embrace it." -Akon Proverb

Pages

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Gentle Whispers.

"Let us be silent, so that we may hear the whisper of God." -Ralph Waldo Emerson


Where have I seen the face of my Creator this week? Where have I heard his gentle whisper? These are the questions that I asked myself last night. The list started to flow...an effortless, steady stream:


The quiet morning walks to the office.

Feeling the unfamiliarity of living with a new family peel-away and be replaced with comfort.

Laughing effortlessly with Naomi at her sarcastic remarks.

Walking around the neighborhood and talking about life with my sister Helen.

The smiling security guard, Kevin, who greets me good-morning each day.

Being able to sit down and eat a whole papaya for breakfast.

The people who have drop by my office cubicle to talk to me.

Cooking up a storm with the sisters. (and then doing the massive pile of dishes together shortly after).

How Helen walked all the way to Sarit to get me Indian take-out because I missed home food.

Lily's warm hugs when I finally reach the office in the morning, sweaty and panting.

Singing, dancing and praising God at church - worship has no language barriers.

Messages of encouragement from loved ones around the world.

Watching late night world cup matches with the whole family and waking up the neighborhood with our cheers.

"She's not our guest. She's out sister."




...The list grows and will continue to grow...


morning walks 
My sister, Helen

“I believe that the community - in the fullest sense: a place and all its creatures - is the smallest unit of health and that to speak of the health of an isolated individual is a contradiction in terms.” ― Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment